There is nothing better than a cajun chip, that is if you fancy chips and like spice of course. I was preparing some for my parents arriving later in the week and going through the method with my daughter.
Method for Cajun Chips:
- Peel and chop as many potatoes as you’d like into chips. You can use sweet potato instead if you prefer or do a mix and match, which is what I do. You can leave skins on or off depending on taste as well.
- Take a medium-sized freezer bag
- Add a tablespoon of rapeseed oil or olive oil,
- Add a heaped teaspoon or two of cajun spice, depending on how much heat you like.
- Add the chips to the bag. Hold the bag at the top and shake until the chips are evenly covered in oil and spice.
- Sprinkle the chips onto baking tray, and place in the oven at 200 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or freeze ready for another meal.
I usually eat them with a bubble & squeak burger, and salad or, before my wheat allergy days, with a Clive’s pie and petite pois. Yum!
I’m fast making a list of all the things I’ve missed most and what I’d like to eat first. Surprisingly, everything I have craved throughout this journey has been healthy, savoury food as opposed to sugary and sweet. Long may that continue afterwards! I live in hope.